The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) is implemented through Knowledge and Innovation Communities. Each EIT KIC focuses on different societal challenges and has different approaches to international cooperation and outreach. In general, the KICs structure the European cross-country and multidisciplinary networks addressing global challenges.
- EIT Climate-KIC: Drivers of climate innovation in Europe and beyond
- EIT Digital: For a strong, digital Europe
- EIT Food: EIT Food connects businesses, research centres, universities and consumers.
- EIT Health: Together for healthy lives in Europe
- EIT InnoEnergy: Pioneering change in sustainable energy
- EIT Manufacturing: Strengthening and increasing the competitiveness of Europe’s manufacturing
- EIT Raw Materials: Developing raw materials into a major strength for Europe
- EIT Urban Mobility: Smart, green and integrated transport
Several EIT Innovation Communities are for example involved in the cross-KIC work in Silicon Valley / the San Francisco Bay Area (USA) led by EIT Digital: EIT Climate-KIC, EIT Food, EIT Health and EIT Raw Materials, the focus is to build bilateral relations.
Keywords: Network, Innovation, Communities, Grants, Training, Societal Challenges, Transformative Climate Action, Health, Energy, ICT, Materials